Should I upgrade 10-year-old HT?

takdap

Hi,
I have a 10 year old Samsung HT System that came with 3D Blu Ray: HT-D6750W
HT-D6750W 3D Blu-ray 7.1ch Home Entertainment System | SAMSUNG Ireland

I don't use Blu Ray, it's just for sound (I love surround and positional audio). As this is really big device, the blu ray I won't be using, and as this is a really old and a little cumbersome. would you recommend upgrading to a new dolby atmos sound bar? Such as Sonos Arc? Samsung? Sound-wise.

Any recommendation?
Thanks!!

gibbsy

Welcome to the Forum.

A soundbar, even an expensive one with Atmos is not going to sound as good as separate speakers in their correct position. It will depend on your room and where the TV is positioned. If your TV is in the corner of the room then the soundbar may very well be your best option. If the TV is central to the wall and opposite the main listening position (MLP) then a good surround set up of 5.1.2 would be far far better.

You will have to start from scratch basically with a new receiver and possibly new speakers. I cannot find the ohm loading for your current speakers and it's not recommended to run speakers under 4 ohms with modern receivers. You would also need a new powered subwoofer.

If you post a photograph and diagram of your room that would greatly help with the speaker positioning. Difficult to work to a budget that most members would be unfamiliar with.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom