1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I thank this forum?!?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by tan1415, Apr 1, 2003.

1. tan1415

tan1415

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Remember anyone reading my post about the pricing of MJacoustics subwoofers in the Netherlands?!

I complained that the price was way to high, certainly compared to the pricing in the UK.

Dan Gleebles adviced me to contact MJacoustics themselves. Write an email to Phil Mason. He replied and told me he was going to look into it.

A couple of weeks later I went to a HIFI show in holland.And to my surprise they announced that the MJ acoustics Pro50 black was reduced in price!?!
    Instead of €595/GBP400 to just €495/GBP333.

I was stunned. UNBELIEVEBLE.

To be fair I am sure that they were not already planning to reduce the price. And it only affected the black pro 50..the other models stayed on the sameprice level.

Still it makes me a strong believer in this forum.

Secondly I am strongly complimenting the moderators and the way this forum is being run. Right now I am in teh middle of a big battle/discussion within another Forum.
    I guess I have been spoiled by the way this forum has been run.
    On that forum also about Hifi a couple of threads/topics have been or closed down or been removed from teh forum!?!

One of the topics removed was my topic on buying HIFI in another country or via Internet.
    A topic that was closed down was when someone wanted advice about the possibilties of discounts when buying a whole homecinema set.

Truly unbelieveble and on this site luckily totally unthinkable. I think these are legitimate questions on a HIFI forum. Buying the stuff is a logical step after you got advice about them.
    The reason for this independent forum to explain their actions is that they won't accept people promoting foreign/internet companys or non sanctioned companies. They also don't want people to abuse/attack hificompanies in the topics.

Censoring posts and topics because you are afraid to lose goodwill...you just can't call yourself independent.

Anyway I am still trying to convince the people who run teh forum to change their opinion/policy. I am trying to help create a forum like this one for hifi/HC enthusiasts in our country.

So my compliments to all the people on this Forum to make it work so well.

:clap:

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,617
    Thanks for the compliments, but why not just get everyone in your country to come use this forum?

3. tan1415

tan1415

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well a lot do.
    But a local forum is better when talking about strictly local information

4. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Your comments would hold even more weight if you would enter the location information.

Why did you feel necessary to appear so anonymous?

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    He comes from Holland as per the first line of his post ;)