1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I swap my Pioneer 434HDE for the Pioneer 435XDE plasma?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nujjy, Jun 2, 2005.

1. nujjy

nujjy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi all,
    I've been having a small problem on my plasma. When viewing on RGB Scart on Input 3, the screen goes blank for a couple of seconds, which can be really annoying when playing my Xbox. Well since then, I've now connected my Xbox via component so all is good.

After contacting Currys (which was where I bought it from), they said that I could get a replacement in vouchers, which is fine for me.
    I know some of you will laugh that I bought it from Currys, but the 434HDE was my first plasma and so I would really like a bricks and mortar store that I can take it back to.

So, question is, is it worth swapping for the newer model? It's only a small problem, and so I don't mind sticking to the 434, but will it make any difference visually? I know the 435 has '7 billion colours' vs. the 434's '1 billion colours', but overall, is it worth the swap?

Most viewing is done on Sky+, which I have heard 435XDE can be bad for. When SkyHD and HD-DVD/Blu-Ray discs and players start appearing, I will be connecting all those up via Component/HDMI, so very little will be viewed via Scart.

Thanks,
    Nujjy. :thumbsup:

2. svijay

svijay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are they offering you vouchers to the amount you paid
    for your 434 or to its current selling price?

Personally I would consider exchanging it for a PV500
    (available at Currys online - probably will be instore soon),
    particularly if you get Currys to pricematch and then
    pay with your exchange vouchers - you may even
    have some vouchers left over to use on other items
    (if this is allowed).

3. nujjy

nujjy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I know I might be able to get the full refund, but I'm happy with the vouchers because I know that I'll still have my 3 year warranty, which is reassuring for me. I paid £2,995 for mine, including Speakers and Stand.

I have been reading reports for the PV500. It looks good, but I've also read a few bad comments, as with any plasma. I have been very happy with my 434HDE, though so am not sure that I want to exchange it.

Nujjy.

4. brock_landers

brock_landers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Currys do not sell the 435XDE, as they are not a Pioneer works dealer. They sell the 435FDE which is a massive downgrade (features wise) from your HDE.

Go for a refund (as the FDE does not meet your requirements) and get the cheapest 435XDE you can find (with 2 year warranty) and spend the change on something nice for the missus.

5. superk

superk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    you will find currys dont sell the 435xde in shop(i tried )they will order it for you but at a ripoff price over £4,000 and you cant use the vouchers online