Should I sell my PSP and get a DS?

MonkeyKnuckle

Novice Member
I know these types of threads are usually pointless as it depends on the user but I thought I would ask for peoples opinions anyway.

I have a PSP which I only use for the web browser. I was thinking of selling on Ebay and buying a DS with the money.

For the PSP I have 3 games, 2 movies, 512MB Pro Duo, In-car charger and a case, I was hoping to get around £150 for it.

So what do you think? Should I go for it?

I should also mention I have a Wii and I know they are going to work together somehow in the future.

Also, any games I should get if I do buy one?

INSOMANiAC

Banned
In a word yes

I have the top 25 games on this list http://www.metacritic.com/games/ds/scores/ except Mario & Luigi and The Castlevanias and heres my top picks

Zookeeper
Daigasso ! Band Brothers (Jap only)
Elite Beat Agents
Mario 64 DS
Tony Hawks Sk8land
Viewtiful Joe (you can get this and zookeeper 2 for 20 quid somewhere, i forgot where now)
Mariokart

I could go on and on but theres too many great games, If you bought that little lot youd be happy

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
In a word yes
Second that, I bought my import PSP from launch, finally sold it last week & happy to know it´s gone TBH, for some reason I just didn´t have any interest in playing it & I really felt peed off with the money I´d wasted(first time I felt that way after all the colsoles & handhelds I´ve owned over the years).

I was lucky as out here in Argie they´re still pricey so I actually made money on the thing which was a bonus;)

Anyway, get yourself a nice DS Lite, superb little console, they can actually fit in your jeans pocket:eek: when you go out & the battery lasts for ages. Of course it has some fantastic games aswell, I also think the best games are yet to come so a perfect time to buy!

Can´t wait for Diddy Kong Racing early next year which will hopefully have 8 player WiFi!

Can´t remember if you like fotty games but playasia currently have Winning Eleven DS going for just over a tenner delivered! I don´t play fotty games normally but went for that one anyway, bargain was just too hard to resist.

Oh, and yes, Zoo Keeper is an absolute essential & cheap these days, New Super Mario is a classic and Yoshis Island looks fantastic if you liked the original SNES version.

Go for it mattie, order one today!:smashin:

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
I disagree wholeheartedly. It is strictly mediocre and to call it a classic is ridiculous. :nono:
Well, each to their own I guess mate. Personally I love it, apart from the save system it´s pretty close to perfect in my books.

Nero

Novice Member
As the other guys have said go for the DS lite. Mine gets used everday by me and the misses.

I have read alot of threads on other sites about this as well and although technically the PSP is better is terms of power the games just arent there for it. Have seen alot of poeple sell there PSP to get a DS Lite.

MonkeyKnuckle

Novice Member
Well I have listed my PSP, hopefully I will get a decent amount for it as it is all in perfect working order (as I have hardly used it)

So now I have got another couple of questions, What color DS should I get? I was thinking white to match my 360 and Wii.

Also where is the best place to buy it from as around Christmas I would imagine the stock is quite low.

INSOMANiAC

Banned
Err..... You should get the colour that you like the most. That would probably be your best bet.

DistortionNat

What color DS should I get? I was thinking white to match my 360 and Wii.

I have a white one and my son has a black one. The black one really shows up fingerprints, the white one does not.

If I had the black one I would be constantly cleaning it and it would drive me barmy!

:rolleyes:

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
I have a white one and my son has a black one. The black one really shows up fingerprints, the white one does not.

If I had the black one I would be constantly cleaning it and it would drive me barmy!

:rolleyes:
Yep, was about to advise the same, read so many times about people getting peed off with constantly having to clean fingerprints on the black DS Lites. Certainly helped me decide on a white as it would anoy the hell out of me.

Also as you mentioned MonkeyKnuckle, will white DS Lite will look nice sitting around with the beautiful matching Wii in the background;)

Nero

Novice Member
I have the white one as well.

Looked at the black which does look smart as long you don't touch it, then it becomes fingerprint central :rotfl:

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
I have a black one and don't have problems with fingerprints. Personally I feel it looks less cheap than the white one.

At the end of the day it's all personal preference though and I wouldn't be that bothered which one I had (as long as it wasn't the pink one :D).

Right move selling the PSP though - mine sits dormant and I got it back in March 05 - probably had about 5-10 hours play in that time :rotfl:. I really should sell it.

INSOMANiAC

Banned
According to that 'todays deals' Ad at the top of this section, the Black one costs a fiver more than the White one at amazon :rolleyes:

pjclark1

Novice Member
That's for people who don't own a wireless router.

Lezman

Monkeyknuckles,

In the exact same situation as you mate...only use the PSP for Everybodys golf and psp9 videos. Then my mate wiped my Golf save :-(

Now I just wander round the interweb looking at all those DS games I really want to play.

Intrestingly most DS seem to be sold out now, and you don't usually see a 'shall i sell my DS and get a PSP thread'....so I think I made the wrong choice.

Hi/zuum

Well I did it, I have one less PSP and my DS arrived today with Animal Crossing. It's still charging at the moment so haven't had a proper go yet.
just say the word MK86 when you've ready to pop round in ACWW & I'll help you get started. PM me to swap codes when you're set up, that is if you're on wifi though. :)