should i sell my pan dmre100 and get a dmre500 or wait for a dvb dvd recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by get1a2get1a2, Oct 10, 2004.

1. get1a2get1a2

get1a2get1a2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is it worth selling thanks guys

2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    How much would you get for the 100? and how much is the 500 to buy? Pwersonally I think it's a waste of money to upgrade so soon. Wait for a model with more significant benefits. Only my opinion though. :)

3. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    You only upgrade when the new model has something new you decide you can't manage without or your current unit fails. I am personally still happy with my hs2, which is significanlty less equiped than you e100 let alone the e500. The killer for me was the hdd in the hs2, as I couldn't see the need for a plain dvd recorder with its limited capacity. As I have managed for over 2 years with a 40gig drive and never run out of space, the need for a new recorder with a huge drive escapes me at present and there are no other killer features that I must have now. Surely the step from an e100 to an e500 is even less sensible.
    Second hand value £350ish? difference to upgrade around £600 to £700 even for a discounted new e500, means it must have something very special going for it.

4. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    The only thing that will make me upgrade from Pan E100 is a built in Freeview Tuner.
    I don't care much for a larger HD, there just isn't enough quality TV these days to fill even my 80 gig HD in a month!

I do have two digital STBs (cable & Freeview) going into the E100 but there's no way I can get the timer to externally change the channel of either so it's a real pain as I have to make sure that I've got the stb on the correct channel and AV input when timer recorder. Needless to say I've quite often eneded up with the wrong recording :mad:

So you can keep your 400 gig HDs, just give me a built in Freeview tuner anyday.

5. Spanglemaker

Spanglemaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Why not spend £99 on a Sony VTX800 Freeview box. It supports Smartlink (aka Q-link) and works like a dream with my HS2. It has 7-day EPG, highlight the program & hit a button and timer setting is done. Turns on the HS2 automatically and starts the recording.

Only slight disadvantage is that you'll only get S-Video output from the Sony VCR output, not RGB.

Chris

6. get1a2get1a2

get1a2get1a2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    any freeview box that will record rgb on my panasonic in timer recording mode