Should I sell my 989 and buy a PS3?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by wokster, Apr 26, 2007.

1. wokster

wokster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi guys,

Just looking for some advice from those in the know.

I don't have much of a clue abot technical aspects of consumer electronics and have just based my previous purchases on advice I have received on these forums and have been exteremely pleased with my purchases

I currently own a Pioneer 989 multiregion player, an AX4 Pioneer amp, an Optoma H79 projector and a PX60 42" plasma.

I would really like to purchase a PS3 to replace the 989 as I cannot afford to keep both at the moment.

What I would like to know is what are the advantages and disadvantages of buying a PS3 to replace the 989?

I have also placed this on the PS3 forums and Bluray forums to try and get as much advice as possible.

Thanks in adavnce for any advice received :thumbsup:

2. matt303

matt303

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    The PS3 will not be multiregion and most reports are it isn't a very good DVD and can not (currently) re-scale DVDs. I think What HiFi said that for CD and DVD playback you'd be better off with a £40 Toshiba DVD player.

3. wokster

wokster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have Sky HD at the moment will the PS3 give me a better quality picture than that?