Should I return my Sony A8?

Nope, I just see blue screen.

palestine994

Novice Member
If you see the drive version and use zoom in, you will see my red arrows, they show the lines. Every edge has 1 line. I sent it to Sony service, thats why they got me a brand new modell without questions, so i think they are noticeable. All in all there is no doubt its very hard to take a photo of them. :/

If you see the drive version and use zoom in, you will see my red arrows, they show the lines. Every edge has 1 line. I sent it to Sony service, thats why they got me a brand new modell without questions, so i think they are noticeable. All in all there is no doubt its very hard to take a photo of them. :/
ef8.jpg

mikej

I was only just about able to see them by zooming in fully on your Google Drive photos on a large PC monitor so I think you might need to take closer, clearer photos if you want anyone to be able to view them on a smartphone.

Are the lines visible from a normal viewing distance and from all sources, including the TV's own tuner and apps ? Could be a bezel/alignment issue, but you wouldn't expect to see a single line all the way around if that was the case, plus it's odd that you've noticed it on other TVs too.

What colour are the pixels when watching normal content ?

plus it's odd that you've noticed it on other TVs too.
Very odd. Perhaps there is a reason why there are no other threads about it.

palestine994

Novice Member
I was only just about able to see them by zooming in fully on your Google Drive photos on a large PC monitor so I think you might need to take closer, clearer photos if you want anyone to be able to view them on a smartphone.

Are the lines visible from a normal viewing distance and from all sources, including the TV's own tuner and apps ? Could be a bezel/alignment issue, but you wouldn't expect to see a single line all the way around if that was the case, plus it's odd that you've noticed it on other TVs too.

What colour are the pixels when watching normal content ?
I am not able to see the lines from closer. Its visible only from 1,5-4 meters. The most strange things is that the lines move with picture. If i set 4:3 ratio, the vertical lines will be at the edge of the picture, If i watch 21:9 ratio film, the horizontal lines will be at the edge of the picture so they dont stay at the edge of the screen. I think its a sowftware problem.

brokenamp

This isn't something I noticed, and I can't see this on your pictures on my phone. It's not caused by the anti-burn in settings?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom