Question Should I return my Huawei Mate 20 X

tommyg01

Novice Member
Reaction score
I purchased this phone last week on Amazon and I love it, however with the Google issue, should I return it and get my money back? TIA, Tom

The mate 20 x will work. And keep on working, the only thing it might not get if it stays like it is now, is updates to new versions of android. If you can't handle that then send it back, I've got a mate 20 pro and won't be getting rid of it anytime soon

Thanks Furry, I really want to keep it, but just realised I can return it and get a full refund. I have seen updates before that haven't made a massive difference, just don't want to end up with a brick, Tom

Thanks Furry, I really want to keep it, but just realised I can return it and get a full refund. I have seen updates before that haven't made a massive difference, just don't want to end up with a brick, Tom
It won't end up a brick in my opinion

There's a write up of the latest Android Q beta on GSM Arena; they aren't blown away by the upcoming features. But I think we are well past OS updates being as important as they once were. Google update their apps independently of the OS, and both parties are of the view that access to the app store will continue without problem.

Personally I think everything will get sorted out in time, and this is just the latest bit of posturing by Trump/U.S.

It does seem ridiculous though that one countries beef with another is causing this kind of (potential) disruption. There should be something in place to prevent this, so consumers outside the countries concerned are not affected.

I purchased this phone last week on Amazon and I love it, however with the Google issue, should I return it and get my money back? TIA, Tom
I would. If it is playing on your mind now, it will play on your mind in the future. Remember this isn't just about Google, lots of other components and services are included.

And sure, in a kind of Android tinker way you can find way around it if you like hacking and maintaining phones. But if you just want a reliable smart phone for the next several year that you can trust is secure, updated, maintained I'd use the returns period whilst you've got access to it.

It does seem ridiculous though that one countries beef with another is causing this kind of (potential) disruption. There should be something in place to prevent this, so consumers outside the countries concerned are not affected.
Huawei could develop their own intellectual property so as not to rely upon American know how

Or more realistic a trade deal is signed at some point

I would. If it is playing on your mind now, it will play on your mind in the future. Remember this isn't just about Google, lots of other components and services are included.

And sure, in a kind of Android tinker way you can find way around it if you like hacking and maintaining phones. But if you just want a reliable smart phone for the next several year that you can trust is secure, updated, maintained I'd use the returns period whilst you've got access to it.

I have had a couple of days to think about it and have decided that I really like the phone, so I will stick with it and just deal with what happens in the future. Thanks all for the advice.

Tom

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom