1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i replace my current dvd player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by skanky, Aug 29, 2004.

1. skanky

skanky
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    until it recently broke (grr!) i had a cheapo goodmans 32" ws telly, which was basically pants, it had the usual connectors, 1x RGB SCART but no s-video..

im currently using a aussie cheapie "voxson mkxmp3" (i think) dvd player which i brought back with me from my time in aus. it has RCA/s-video/component(!) outputs but no RGB SCART, since its an aussie player.

now ive ordered a new telly (sony kv32fx68) which significantly, for me, has an s-video input as well as the usual RGB etc.

is it worth me keeping the voxson player and use the s-video now that i can use actually use it or should i get a pioneer dv370 and go with RGB SCART?

ive had no problem with this voxson player whatsoever, it plays (s)vcd, cdr(w), dvd-r(w), dvd+r(w), its multi region and it plays RCE dvds and most importantly its quiet.

opinions will be greatly appreciated.

2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    It depends. Is the Pioneer a significantly better dvd player than the one you have? Personally, the way dvd player technology and features is changing I'd be tempted to stick with what you already have. I certainly wouldn't bother upgrading just to have an rgb scart output.

3. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Take your player to the shop and compare it with the DV370

4. sapper44

sapper44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Wait for the tv.Try out your dvd player if you are happy with pic save your cash simple.If you not outputing to anything else other than tv dont see the point unless the pic quality is poor.I'v had a cheap dvd player (Asdas Pacific) hooked up to a 32inch Panny and played like a dream.

5. sk4nky

sk4nky
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks for all the advice. gonna see what its like on my new telly when it arrives.