Should I replace front speaker from Paradigm Mini Monitor to Polk Audio RTi A7

apvm

Novice Member
A friend of mine is replacing his Polk Audio RTi A7, I am able to get it. My receiver is Yamaha RX-V485 and front speaker is Paradigm Mini Monitor, wondering if replacing it with the Polk is an upgrade, I read a lot of people does not like Polk Audio. TIA

Dolus

If it's a friend then surely he will let you try before you buy. If he is giving it to you for free then you are golden. :)

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
A friend of mine is replacing his Polk Audio RTi A7, I am able to get it. My receiver is Yamaha RX-V485 and front speaker is Paradigm Mini Monitor, wondering if replacing it with the Polk is an upgrade, I read a lot of people does not like Polk Audio. TIA

People have different tastes. If you have medium - large room then the Polks could be awesome if you like the brighter tone of RTi which is mentioned often. They also have multiple drivers so bass wise quite different what you have now, but they also require some space around them or i can imagine them sounding too bass heavy. As Dolus said hope your friend can give them for you to try at your room first. What matters is only what you hear, forget what others say. Let your ears be the judge!

apvm

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply, my friend has a higher end Denon, much higher than my Yamaha RX-V485, I have tested my mini monitor at his house and the Polk sounds much better (his living room is about the same size as mine). The Polk is very heavy, he don't mind letting me test it at my house and will also help me to carry them. The only thing why I ask here is will my Yamaha RX-V485 able to handle the Polk as his Denon. Didn't really want to bother him if my Yamaha is no good.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Yes it will handle them up to certain level. Rarely people can buy everything at once so you can upgrade other stuff when funds allow. Try to get them at your home. Well worth to pay some gas money for friend if he helps..

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom