1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I ? Panny PD50/PWD7/PV500

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Hudson, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Hudson

Hudson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well the title says it all really, i am looking for a budget plasma but am also considering one of the all singing and dancing 42pv500, but which ever plasma i will be getting will mainly be used for watching normal tv (via freeview), i do not have Sky nor can see me getting it, i watch about 90-95% tv and the remainder on DVD. So a screen that will 'do' tv the best i can get it the order of the day. I like the idea of having a built in freeview tuner but have read threads that a separate box gives better results. So if i dismiss the PV500 (because i do not really have a desire for HD), and then am not bothered about the in built freeview of the PD50, I am then in the postion of considering a real budget screen ie the pw7.

Could you please give me your opinions on all this and if i purchased a separate freeview box what else would i need with the pw7, oh and what is the current best price for this screen. Thanks.

2. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I've been in a similar situation and discounted the PV500 due to my feeling that mainstream HD is far away. I then viewed the PD50 which gave a very good freeview pic and was almost tempted into buying, however for a few hundred pounds cheaper I reckon the PWD7 is a better buy right now. I already have a tuner [freeview] and I already have a good sound system, so by my reckoning the money I will pay for the PWD7 is money spent on the best SD pic available just now. It is also the slickest looking telly [panel] I have seen. My only decision now is whether to go for a stand or wall mount. I really want to wall mount but reflections could be a big problem which a stand mount in the corner of my room wouldn't be affected by.

3. Hudson

Hudson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Good opinion, i too have now discounted the PV500, and had thought of going for the 37pe50, i can get it for approx £1300 (after selling the free dvd recorder) and thats with delivery and the table top stand ! Not bad really.