1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I keep my 'bargain' JVC DVP3?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by SirHugo, Aug 16, 2002.

1. SirHugo

SirHugo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought this model 3 weeks ago for the excellent price of £599. I've already been back to the retailer because of a 'glich' on 1st playback (screen message asking to to clean heads!) but it now seems fine. They told me to test it for a week or so before making my mind up.

Very pleased with it apart from THAT motor hum. As reported previously, the mic does pick it up (and the zoom noise). Its not that bad, but wondering whether to return it and buy the DVP7 instead. (I've seen this online for £749). I know that the sound problem is supposed to have been cured, but does the motor still hum like the DVP3?

Or would I be better off going for the Sony PC8 or Canon MV5i instead? Not so bothered about still shots, but the analogue in would be useful.

Or am I just being too fussy as I got the DVP3 for such a good price? Is it worth paying another £150-200 just to get rid of a humming noise? Would the other models give me a better picture quality?

So many questions - any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers, Sir Hugo.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmm...sounds pretty annoying. Perhaps you could sell it for about £500 and then use this money to get the canon mv500i. This has analogue in etc and doesnt have the sd card. Which is what you need. And I think it comes with a free capture card.

I hear the picture quality is better than the jvc aswell. It's probably not as small but you should never choose a camcorder because of its size.

3. lloyd

lloyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MV5i is selling for £649 at RGB Direct - worth thinking about.

4. SirHugo

SirHugo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. Decided to try and return the DVP3 tomorrow (or should I say later today). Haven't decided what other model to go for yet, but £649 for the MV5i is a really good price. Does anybody have this cam? Any recommendations?

Sir Hugo.

5. AAA

AAA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sir Hugo,

I had them all, Canon MV3, JVC-9, Sony PC-9, Panasonics....

I have to tell you that Sony has the best, stable, .... Picture!!!

If you can get PC-9(discont....cheap), or the new PC101, still very small, but the Quality is much, much Better !!!

No Noise on the footage!!!

Thanks,