should i keep jvc rs55

frankiefarrell

Standard Member
Hi guys. First post here,and im looking for advice. I bought a secondhand jvc rs55 projector in a shop in uk,and had it shipped to me here in ireland.. One owner and just under 1500 hours on original bulb. I installed projector and was delighted with cloours and image but the image was dim and i had feeling lamp was on its last legs. I spoke with shop and decided to buy a new lamp at my own expense. A day or two later i noticed after switch on it was now taking bout 10 mins to select hdmi input so essentally a blue screen for 10 mins then image kicked in.A few days later lamp died.. So yesterday my lamp arrives and i now have a beautiful picture,but the 10 min delay for image to appear still remains. I had hoped new lamp would solve this. Could this be an issue down line? Should i return the projector? with all the hassle this will now entail with brexit and borders it could be a nightmare. Ive only had it since dec 23rd.. Frank.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Hi guys. First post here,and im looking for advice. I bought a secondhand jvc rs55 projector in a shop in uk,and had it shipped to me here in ireland.. One owner and just under 1500 hours on original bulb. I installed projector and was delighted with cloours and image but the image was dim and i had feeling lamp was on its last legs. I spoke with shop and decided to buy a new lamp at my own expense. A day or two later i noticed after switch on it was now taking bout 10 mins to select hdmi input so essentally a blue screen for 10 mins then image kicked in.A few days later lamp died.. So yesterday my lamp arrives and i now have a beautiful picture,but the 10 min delay for image to appear still remains. I had hoped new lamp would solve this. Could this be an issue down line? Should i return the projector? with all the hassle this will now entail with brexit and borders it could be a nightmare. Ive only had it since dec 23rd.. Frank.
yeah 10 mins to change hdmi means its faulty

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom