Should I just get the box anyway?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by zAndy1, Mar 25, 2006.

1. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,369
    I currently don't subscribe to Sky, cancelled last summer and have been on freeview ever since. I can take advantage of an offer at the moment for 6 months half price viewing so could get a 2 mix package for £7.50 for six months. That would entitle me to get the HD box and pay the £10 HD sub so £17.50 a month total until the end of the 6 months offer. At least I'll get the world cup and wimbledon in HD by doing this and £17.50 a month isn't a lot to pay. Not really bothered about paying for the Sky+ facilities cos I'll just use my freeview PVR for recording (it's only really my wife that records stuff anyway e.g. daytime progs while we're at work).
    Can you tell I'm trying to talk myself into this lol..... I don't think the price of the box is too bad to be honest and I assume if I do this I'll be able to use Sky box office HD if I wanna watch the occasional movie in high def?

Sound like a plan?

Cheers,
    Andy

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,369
    Or £18 a month for the 6 mix entertainment pack with movies mix (which presumably will include the Sky+ sub for free) and £10 HD sub on top = £28pm. Now that sounds like a better plan!

3. czytt

czytt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Or you could let someone who really wants that box (assuming they are in short supply) take it, of course.

Jerry

4. Duradrum

Duradrum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How can you get 6 months half price?

5. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +986
    Andy, you will have it ordered by the end of the week anyway so may as well do it now mate! ;)

6. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,369
    lol.. had it ordered about half an hour after starting this thread!

Duradrum.. I can get 6 months half price cos I cancelled Sky last summer, it's a sweetener to get me to sign back up. Taking advantage of it now so that I get the box for £299 and only pay £28pm for the entertainment pack with movies including the Sky+ and HD sub!