Should I just get the box anyway?

zAndy1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I currently don't subscribe to Sky, cancelled last summer and have been on freeview ever since. I can take advantage of an offer at the moment for 6 months half price viewing so could get a 2 mix package for £7.50 for six months. That would entitle me to get the HD box and pay the £10 HD sub so £17.50 a month total until the end of the 6 months offer. At least I'll get the world cup and wimbledon in HD by doing this and £17.50 a month isn't a lot to pay. Not really bothered about paying for the Sky+ facilities cos I'll just use my freeview PVR for recording (it's only really my wife that records stuff anyway e.g. daytime progs while we're at work).
Can you tell I'm trying to talk myself into this lol..... I don't think the price of the box is too bad to be honest and I assume if I do this I'll be able to use Sky box office HD if I wanna watch the occasional movie in high def?

Sound like a plan?

Cheers,
Andy

Or £18 a month for the 6 mix entertainment pack with movies mix (which presumably will include the Sky+ sub for free) and £10 HD sub on top = £28pm. Now that sounds like a better plan!

Or you could let someone who really wants that box (assuming they are in short supply) take it, of course.

Jerry

Andy, you will have it ordered by the end of the week anyway so may as well do it now mate! ;)

lol.. had it ordered about half an hour after starting this thread!

Duradrum.. I can get 6 months half price cos I cancelled Sky last summer, it's a sweetener to get me to sign back up. Taking advantage of it now so that I get the box for £299 and only pay £28pm for the entertainment pack with movies including the Sky+ and HD sub!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom