• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Should i jailbreak iphone?! whats the negatives...

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent_tr

Standard Member
thinking of jailbreaking my iphone as seen quite a few benefits in doing so but my question is, am i likely to mess up my iphone, can i easily convert it back to normal if need be for insurance claim purposes, can i still purchase from itunes without any problems, any sync issues etc?

also is there a link anywhere here on a walk-through guide on what to do, is it easy enough?

please convert me :thumbsup:

chelsea.tone

Distinguished Member
What firmware is the iPhone running ? Also,which model is it ?

(and welcome to the forum)

hutch

Distinguished Member
You cant jailbreak im afraid.

UEF

Prominent Member
:rotfl:

Sorry.

There will probably be a tool or two released over the next few days that will sort you out though.

silent_tr

Standard Member
well guess that answers it for me, lol...

what about when i can jailbreak, what disadvantages are their in regards to my first post??

Desmo

Distinguished Member
what about when i can jailbreak, what disadvantages are their in regards to my first post??
None. Everything works exactly the same. If you want to go back to standard just do a restore in iTunes. The only problem with jailbreaking is that once you do it and you get used to having the extra features you have to wait each time there is a software update for the next jailbreak to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom