• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Should I invest in a 1080p pj for use with a PS3?

dan_993

Standard Member
Guys,

I need some advice from those in the know. I want to change my spare room to a media/cinema room. It measures 3.5m x 3.5m and I would like to buy a pj to make use of the PS3's Blueray player (as well as a surround sound setup).
My friend got an Infocus IN76 for less than £1000 and it looks great but I'm tempted to stretch myself and get a pj that will display 1080p.
Am I going to notice much of a difference with the PS3's Blueray player?
I have been looking at the Themescene HD80 and at 3.2m I'd be projecting a screen size of 78". Do you reckon it's worth the extra £800?

Thanks

Dan

Klippie

Established Member
Hi Dan,

I've got a IN78 my screen is a 84" and I sit about 11 feet away I recently borrowed a mates PS3 and I though the picture was stunning, I saw no screen door visible at that distance with the DLP. But I've also got a Sony VW-50 Pearl 1080p but I've not tried it with the PS3 as I'am trying to sell it (keeping the lamp hours down) I have had it running 1080p from a computer and the main difference was I had to be almost right up to the screen to see any visible pixles it was that good.

If you are going to use the PS3 as a Blu-ray player the one thing I'd recommend is to find a projector that will display 1080p/24 as the PS3 will output 24fps which gives a smooth display on movement.

So yes I would say 1080p will be a better option if watching films is your thing...:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom