Should I hold out for HD?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Giantmountain, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Giantmountain

Giantmountain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I was seriously looking to upgrade my TV this week and at the same time was looking at sky + and an extra normal sky box for another room. :)

It seems like there are all sorts of new deals for new subscribers. As I am completely new to this I need help deciding what to do!

I presume a different sky + box will be needed for HD tv.

If it were you would you hold off and subscribe to a new HD Sky+ box and ordinary box?

Please help..As you can see I am new to these forums and would appreciate any help offered :smashin:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Yep, HD will require a new box, SKY+ HD.

New customer offers are not going away and there could very well be an incentive to take multiroom along with the new SKY+ HD at an offer price.

The longer you wait to invest in a HD display the better value you will get, display technology is improving rapidly and prices are falling and while there isn't any HD you may find a lot of the "normal" channels both analogue and digital do not make the best use of your higher resolution display, DVD will look great though:)