1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I have to pay for repair?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by StephenR, Apr 18, 2003.

1. StephenR

StephenR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Sanyo PLV-30 has developed a yellow patch in the centre of the screen, so I have sent it away to be repaired. The projector is 2 years old, but I was under the impression that the LCD panels were guaranteed for longer and that I wouldn't have to pay for it to be fixed. Sanyo certainly gave me this impression when I phoned them. However, when I handed it over to my dealer for them to send away I was told that I would have to pay for carriage and labour (but not parts). Labour is being charged at £45 per hour.

My question is, should I be getting this repaired totally free of charge or are they right in charging me for labour?

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    Hi stephen

I would think that you will end up picking up all the costs, I do hope they help you out though.
    It may just need the panels cleaning.

My Brother has also sent his plv-30 for repair just this week, but av-sales didn't deal with it, they told him to send it to Gm services in Milton keynes, so he is out of pocket already even though it is still under guarantee.
    His PJ is suffering from colour uformity quite badly.

Good luck

3. StephenR

StephenR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know of someone who got their PLV-30 fixed for free, so I still hold out some hope! Once I get it back I may decide to sell it while it is still working, in case it goes again in a few months.