1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Have It Repaired?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Rolo Tomasi, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Rolo Tomasi

Rolo Tomasi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    About six weeks ago I purchased a power amp for a sixth speaker from my receiver. There are three activation options: on/off as soon as the main on/off switch is pressed; trigger activation; music sense (i.e it switches on when a signal is sensed and off after one is not).

For no reason, the music sense has stopped working. The 'always on' still works, so there is no problem with the signal from the receiver.

The manufacturer recommends a warranty repair by one of their service centres. Fine.........but I'm always wary of how well others treat your (pride and joy) equipment. The amp's case is immaculate and, seeing as I could use the manual on/off, is it worth risking potential problems? If it came back scratched or marked, I don't think I could justify the repair in the first place.

Do I worry too much or do others appreciate my dilemma?

2. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    I would do ... it could be an early sympton of other problems. And if if comes back scratched ... then complain like hell.

Vikki

3. Rolo Tomasi

Rolo Tomasi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I decided to go for the repair - or hopefully a replacement for a new one.

I'm just very upset that this faulty product will cost me at least £30 in taking it back to the shop and collecting it afterwards; 4 hours in driving time and the loss of use for who knows how long while the problem is being dealt with! If there was any justice, I would not be put to this trouble and expense for a fault covered by the Warranty. Oh well, nobody said it was a perfect world.