1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I get rear speakers with my current setup?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Napier, May 24, 2005.

1. Napier

Napier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi All,

Not sure if many remember me as I haven't posted for a few months. However you were all of great help when I purchased all of my equipment. I have the following setup:

Denon 3805
    Denon 3910
    AE Aelite 3 Floorstanders
    AE Aelite 2's on stands
    AE Centre Speaker
    REL Strata Sub
    Sky + (Optical to Amp)

I love the setup to bits however get really annoyed that my girlfriend doesn't like it as loud as me ever! :devil: When you turn this system up it comes alive and you hear music as it should be and it is awesome!

My question is bearing that in mind should I purchase Aelite 1's for my surrounds? I watch allot of movies however I have no idea if they would add any benefit to the surround sound? Would I even notice them with what I have? I may get the aforementioned girlfriend to buy them for me for my birthday thus not having to dip into my Plasma fund :smashin:

Does anyone else have similar equipment to mine, what are your thoughts?

Napier

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
  3. Napier

Napier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The 2's are for the side of the room and I was thinking that the 1's would be for the rear... however just don't know if they would do more of a job than the 2's are already currently doing. Not sure if this is clear or not but essentially not sure if it is worth it buying these to make up a 7.1 system when I have a 5.1 system. Is a 7.1 setup much different with films etc?

Napier

4. domtheone

domtheone
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,395
    Napier

I have AE speakers as well. :hiya:

Have Aegis 3's at the rear (used to be at the front) and Aelite 3's at the front.

Also have the Aelite Centre (and the Aegis centre). Aelite was bought as an upgrade to my Aegis centre.

Don't currently have a sub :thumbsdow

My setup is a bit cramped at the moment (small lounge) and probably not performing at it's optimum.

Have no experience with 7.1 but give these AE's some space and they do produce the goods as you say.

Can't wait till I get a larger place, new super size tv and all my speakers set up nicely.

5. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    You mention that your "rear" speakers are actually at the side of you. It may be worth experimenting with their position a bit further before jumping in for the additional 2 channels, also get down to your dealer and ask them to demo the difference for you. :)

6. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    It depends on the width of your room and speaker position.

Don't forget that if setup right the 3805 will downmix any 6.1 etc sources into 5.1 so you won't miss a thing.