Should i get an Onkyo TXSR608 or stick with Sony STR DH820?

antilles

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using a Sony Str DH 820, and while i'm fairly happy with it, i'm thinking of returning it and getting an Onkyo TXSR608. It's right at the top of my budget....so i can't afford this years model.

Is it worth the swap? Will the 608 have Panasonic BD player compatibility issues like my old 508 had?

What do you think? I'd really appreciate some advice.....

Rich

OK, so i've had a bit of a trawl on the net and have found out that the 608 has (or had) handshake issues with Samsung tv's. I've got a PS 63c7000, so that might be a problem.....

There's also the potential of the 608 being incompatible with my Panasonic 110 bd player....the 508 had this problem too.

I take it nobody has an opinion on this, or is there just no love for Sony amps any more?

Rich

I'm using an Onkyo 606 (7.1) with a panny 310 bd player, both second hand from the classifieds and eBay, no issues at all as far as I know (I'm no AV genius!).

Can't help with the TV though.

Seems as though if it doesn't say Pioneer, Yamaha or Denon, nobody wants to know....what, is there some kind of stigma against buying a Sony AV receiver?

Rich

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom