Should i get a Wii now before the christmas rush

JonLeach

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

My Daughter was after a Wii from Santa this year, (she is only 7) Last year was almost a dissappointment and caused much stress as we couldnot find a pink DS for love or money, so i would rather book early and get a wii now if there might be a shortfall at christmas time.

When i get one what offers on game packs etc should i look out for. i have never really looked at the options on a Wii so dont really know what to look for.

THanks

Jon

I avoid the bundles, as they've often not got the best games. Personally, I'd order one from Amazon, as they sell them unbundled. I suspect that they'll be high demand at Christmas, so you're probably best to order early to be on the safe side.

Game do OK 1 game bundles; though if its for your daughter, some won't be right for her; Resi 4. But I presume when you say "for your daughter", you mean yourself as well ;) :D

Cheapest console only price outside of fleabay is Wilkinsons. Free del to a store and you can pick it up :) Failing that I would get it from sendit.com rather than amazon as you can get ipoints and quidco discount on top if you are a new customer (though I don't know if you can use quidco on console hardware)

Cheers for that i'll get one from wilko's.

not really bothered about playing it myself, what games are suitable for a seven year old. plus christams family party mode.

Ta

Jon

Hope that was just you who ordered it as its now out of stock!

As for kid friendly, I am thinking Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers Charged Soccer and Excite Truck as good contenders

I reckon after Mario Galaxy comes out they will be very hard to source, so wise to get it now.

Just picked one up today in Dublin. Tesco are doing a 50% back on clubcard so it will have cost me 135 euro when I get my vouchers in November. :thumbsup:

yeah i'd definately get one now and stash it, even if there was a price drop at christmas (pretty unlikely) it would save you so much stress and hassle as xmas trying to find one, i remember reading a news story that nintendo wouldnt be able to increase production significantly until next year so there is bound to be serious stock shortages.

It wasn't :(
Luckily for you shops seem to get restocked reasonably quick these days. Perhaps you could go on the link and tell it to email you when in stock. Seeing as you're looking at xmas anyway you can still bide your time somewhat and stash it with plenty of time left

When i get one what offers on game packs etc should i look out for. i have never really looked at the options on a Wii so dont really know what to look for.

THanks

Jon

If I were you I'd go for a single game bundle from GAME. You can only play Wii Sports for so long and the bundled game could be the cheapest game you ever buy.

So you get About £90 back on your clubcard, is this an in store offer only

Jon

Not sure, it may only be in Rep. of Ireland stores though. They do it quite a lot over here. Got 50% of my 360 the same way a while back. Best give your local store a buzz!

I reckon after Mario Galaxy comes out they will be very hard to source, so wise to get it now.

Completely agree, think the run up to Christmas will almost certainly see a shortage of Wii consoles even though it'll be a year old, as with the DS Lite last year.

I just bought a Wii about an hour ago, I have a 360 as well, but wanted something the girlfriend could enjoy.

Hope she likes it!

Hi,

Had fun yesterday, dropped into Argos in Truro on the chance to see if they had a Wii as I was thinking get one now before the christmas rush and doing the stock check they were out of stock. Five minutes later I was back in there with the missus as she wanted to buy some things and lo and behold, my temptation to check again came up trumps as there were now 12 in stock.

In the five minutes between checks a delivery had been processed upstairs. Had to laugh at two of the staff running around trying to find this mysterious stock downstairs, when casualing coming down the conveyor belt was a box full of them :thumbsup:

I wanna take it back now because the missus is beating me at everything :mad:

Cheers

Soze

EVERY MAN AND HIS DOG IS GETTING A Wii FOR CHRISTMAS SO DO AS I DID BUY IT A.S.A.P SET IT UP AND GET PLAYING WHY WAIT.

Every kid in the country is going to be looking for a Wii and Super Mario Galaxy for Christmas. Get in there now.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom