• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Should I get a plasma?

GregHill3

Standard Member
Hello,

I've been deliberating for too long now, and really need a new TV. Should I get a plasma? It seems al the dealers I speak to except at Richer Sounds say I should get a V20 or VT20, but reading the forum, it appears like they are fraught with issues - Issues that the AV dealers I have spoken to are not aware of?

I don't want to end up regretting my purchase. The wife and kids do leave the sky on pause for ages and along with all the other issues, I do not want IR.

Am I worrying too much, or should I go LCD for now until these issues are resolved? RS suggested LG LE478900.

Thanks

tarche2

Standard Member
Hello,

I've been deliberating for too long now, and really need a new TV. Should I get a plasma? It seems al the dealers I speak to except at Richer Sounds say I should get a V20 or VT20, but reading the forum, it appears like they are fraught with issues - Issues that the AV dealers I have spoken to are not aware of?

I don't want to end up regretting my purchase. The wife and kids do leave the sky on pause for ages and along with all the other issues, I do not want IR.

Am I worrying too much, or should I go LCD for now until these issues are resolved? RS suggested LG LE478900.

Thanks

If you going to leave on pause etc. Get LCD. Plasma will burn in if you leave for long periods of time. If you are going to enforce no pausing with out switching tv off or changing source then go plasma as quality is better.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom