Should I gain weight?

Bevanger

Novice Member
Reaction score
Wondering how to gain weight safely - along with some decent muscle!
I currently weigh 54kg and as a 5ft 7inch male often feel insecure about my weight and physique.
My body fat is currently around 12 percent. I'm aware many people have experience with fitness and health etc too any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Your BMI is 18.6, so right at the bottom of the healthy range. With a low body fat reading you've got loads of potential to put on some healthy weight and get fit and muscular - if that's what you want.. I think you are talking about a pretty serious life overhaul here though. I would recommend looking for a reputable gym and joining that. Basically you're going to be eating lots of good food and lifting lots of weights. It takes time though! Don't be goal orientated, enjoy the journey.

Your BMI is 18.6, so right at the bottom of the healthy range. With a low body fat reading you've got loads of potential to put on some healthy weight and get fit and muscular - if that's what you want.. I think you are talking about a pretty serious life overhaul here though. I would recommend looking for a reputable gym and joining that. Basically you're going to be eating lots of good food and lifting lots of weights. It takes time though! Don't be goal orientated, enjoy the journey.
I'm set to join the gym next week and have spoken to some friends about workout plans. Along with gaining muscle I have aimed to get my weight up to between 64-67 kg ! Does this weight sound healthier?

Putting muscle on is hard work and you’re talking about a 20-25% increase in body weight!

It can be done, but you’ll need to stick with it and not get downhearted after a few weeks / months.

Wondering how to gain weight safely - along with some decent muscle!
I currently weigh 54kg and as a 5ft 7inch male often feel insecure about my weight and physique.
My body fat is currently around 12 percent. I'm aware many people have experience with fitness and health etc too any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
I'm set to join the gym next week and have spoken to some friends about workout plans. Along with gaining muscle I have aimed to get my weight up to between 64-67 kg ! Does this weight sound healthier?

Unless your mates are actually qualified, get some professional help to assess your abilities and weaknesses and to teach the correct form on exercises. Training plans should not be cookie cutter lists of exercises, your training needs to be tailored to your abilities, weaknesses and your specific goals.

%12 is a healthy amount of fat and going by bodyfat rather than BMI is a good move.

Building muscle takes time and a good diet. As a beginner most programs including cookie cutter ones will put muscle on you as a raw beginner but if the program is not tailored to your needs you can look forward to injuries and other problems in the long term.

Posted 22 mins ago and then suspended. Must be a record.

Nah... :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom