Should I exchange this LG C1? Uniformity issue

Hi all, I recently purchased an LG C1, and I am still in my window to exchange it with Best Buy. There seems to be blue tint on the left and right sides of the screen, with yellow tint in the middle. I noticed it immediately when I went to Google something on the TV.

The tint is noticeable anytime there is a gray or white background.

Please let me know if you think this is bad for an LG C1, and whether I should exchange it or not.

fluxedman

Does look bad, have you given it a good 50hrs viewing to settle down ?

Sometimes the uniformity/OLED screen can improve but sometimes it doesn't also, so maybe worth giving it 2-3 days use and then check again, if its still there then yeah id get it exchanged or refunded if possible.

CoolDust

Definitely an exchange for me, one of the main reasons I haven't upgraded from my trusty C8 despite wanting the HDMI 2.1 features is I don't want to deal with panel lottery again!

Majority of OLED panels have tint I believe but If it's noticeable in content then it has to go imo.

Does look bad, have you given it a good 50hrs viewing to settle down ?

Sometimes the uniformity/OLED screen can improve but sometimes it doesn't also, so maybe worth giving it 2-3 days use and then check again, if its still there then yeah id get it exchanged or refunded if possible.
Yeah, I'm on day 16 and there's probably around 100 hours of viewing. It is not really noticeable in content, it's just very noticeable when there's a white or gray background.

I wasn't even aware of the uniformity issues that OLEDs sometimes have, and I actually wasn't looking for problems. I noticed a stuck pixel a few days ago that seems to have gone away now. But after that, I checked the web app, and I immediately noticed the blue and yellows tints. Caught me by complete surprise.

I have an exchange scheduled for tomorrow, I am just worried I will end up with something even worse :/

Last edited:

CoolDust

Yeah, I'm on day 16 and there's probably around 100 hours of viewing. It is not really noticeable in content, it's just very noticeable when there's a white or gray background.

I wasn't even aware of the uniformity issues that OLEDs sometimes have, and I actually wasn't looking for problems. I noticed a stuck pixel a few days ago that seems to have gone away now. But after that, I checked the web app, and I immediately noticed the blue and yellows tints. Caught me by complete surprise.

I have an exchange scheduled for tomorrow, I am just worried I will end up with something even worse :/
That is a possibility for sure that you could end up with one that is worse but fingers crossed you don't. These TV's are too expensive to accept blatant uniformity issues.

fluxedman

Yup can be a bit of a lottery sometimes, my CX had decent uniformity but had some mild blue tinting on one side, but not evident during actual movies/tv series etc

I think the bigger the screens the worser it can be.

Well, I went ahead and did the exchange, and... it looks exactly the same. If I didn't know better, I would think it's the same TV. It has exactly the same uniformity issue as the last one. Blue tint on sides, and yellow in mid. It actually is noticeable in content anytime the screen is white or gray. The white looks like it's been washed with blue. I don't think I can go through another exchange... It's crazy that it has the same issue!

fluxedman

Well, I went ahead and did the exchange, and... it looks exactly the same. If I didn't know better, I would think it's the same TV. It has exactly the same uniformity issue as the last one. Blue tint on sides, and yellow in mid. It actually is noticeable in content anytime the screen is white or gray. The white looks like it's been washed with blue. I don't think I can go through another exchange... It's crazy that it has the same issue!

Did you see if it was the same serial, box completely sealed etc ?

Companies are getting very stingy with returns/exchanges, since they can't resell used stock.

Sometimes its an bad batch also, its happen to many others on here, some had 3-4 exchanges and some even waited months for a new stock and had uniformity issues. So it really can be a lottery sometimes.

If its still bad, maybe return it if you can and try a sony or another C1 from another supplier perhaps.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom