1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I consider any others before ordering a pronto (£145.95 richersounds).

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Desticado, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Im looking for an all in one remote to command a Tosh 36pz18b TV, a TOSH DVD-sd210, and a DENON 3802, and a Sony VCR

anyother remotes I should consider before ordering a pronto fora bout £150.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Desticado,

I seem to be following you around.

The Richer Sounds Pronto seems to be a good price for a 2Mb model but it doesn't include the docking station. The 2Mb is only needed if you have over eight units being controlled or use a lot of bitmaps and most seem to get along quite happily with the 1Mb model.

Again, opinion is divided over the docking station and whether it is worth £50 extra. Some say that the batteries last about six months and the docking station is therefore a waste of time and others who fiddle around a lot with it say that the battereis don't last as long and it is also somewhere useful to put it.

The other alternative open to you is to buy second hand. A 1Mb with docking station seems to go for £100 - £120 and I got mine recently by posting on the uk.media.home-cinema newsgroup "Pronto Wanted" and got a few replies.

For new Prontos the other places to look are http://www.letsautomate.com and http://www.ptech.org.uk

Whichever you get, they are great fun and you never finish fine tuning the settings.

Ian

3. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I'm 'probably' the only non-Pronto owner here that recommends the HK/Madrigal IRIQ remote.
    Had a Pronto, didn't like it.
    Now have a IRIQ, like it.
    Bought mine here www.signals.demon.co.uk

Easier to use.

4. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Well I've bought a Denon 3802 and whilst im sure the remote on that is not as good as the pronto its very good for now so I think im gonna put off remote hunting for a month or two.

(Probably long enough for me to get board of pressing multiple buttons and wanting to start macros)