1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I change...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Deej, May 20, 2004.

1. Deej

Deej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey :)

Im a bit of a n00b at this audio stuff :D But i went into RS to get some advice on audio equipment and what would be best for me. After a while of discussions, i came out of the shop with a Cambridge Audio Azur 540r receiver, which im very happy with, but i also came out with a pair of Gale 3030's floor standing speakers, now after browing this forum a bit, i dont think the gales were the right choice to make, but i dont know as im knew to all of this, do you think i should take them back to the shop and then maybe plough another 50 quid or so to get a set of £200 speakers ?

Any help would seriously be appreicated, as they said i had 2 weeks to take anything back if i want happy. Its only been a few days after i got them. Thanks :D

2. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

We had this exact same scenario a couple of months ago, a friend bought Gales from RS and we then changed them over to RS's Mordant Short offers.

The sound and bass was much improved and they are good value for money.

Have a look at some older posts and you will find my review on the 540R plus the DVD player from the Azur range (I'm lousy remembering model numbers!)

3. Deej

Deej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    kewl, thanks.

What do you think of the KEF coda 90 ? Or do you think i should put in another 100 odd quid or so, and get one of the MS sets of floor speakers ?

4. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Deej

Being in the world of TMA for the last 4 years has left me playing catch up in the 'real' world. I'm just getting to know what the budget stuff sounds like.

Consider Quad's 11L if you can. I dont know the Kefs.