• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Should i change my TV..

Liakon92

Novice Member
Hi guys, just signed up to ask a question thats been bugging me..

Currently own a LG 49UH650V 4K UHD, i haven't really had any technical issues with it except for the TV guide which is abit clumsy. There is a small delay upon opening every time, and rather than the program opening straight away upon selection, it opens a mini menu which you have to navigate through to the 'watch' button. Its a small issue but an annoying one for me, so i was thinking of returning it as its still in warranty. Another one i had in mind which is currently on offer at £380 is the Philips 49PUS6501, so my question is which is the best out of these 2 TVS. Is my LG a good tv and worth sticking with or is it a poor unit really. The LG has great sound & energy effiency which i think the Philips lacks but what about overall. Im no expert so any help would be great. I mainly use it for gaming and occasional movies. My LG cost £499 and thats my budget so i cant buy a more expensive one unfortunately.

Thanks guys

Dodgexander

Your tv and the Philips both use IPS panels so contrast will more or less the same. The Phillips does have a faster panel so it can be better with motion if you like to use motion enhancement options in the menu. Out of the box though motion will be the same.

The Phillips will have a faster chipset for its menus and smart tv but on the hand uses android tv which is bulkier and more resource heavy. It's not the easiest to use compared to other platforms.

It's funny because as a whole everyone states the LG smart tv platform is the best and easiest to use, yet you haven't got along with it. Perhaps it's just not for you.

If you want an upgrade all round I would save up what you can and look to buy after current tv's are their cheapest. That's if you can no longer find a good deal on 2016 models which are now hard to find. The minimum I would aim for would be the Panasonic DX750..The Hisense M5500 and N6800 are also options but not as good as the Panasonic which you can still find sometimes on their eBay refurb store or richer sounds clearance.

That's provided you don't need wide viewing angles. All those tv's have higher contrast panels but narrow viewing angles so viewing them at wide angle isn't really an option.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
That's a good price for the 6501, are you sure it's not a 6401?

The 6501 is slightly higher up the range, similar to an LG UH770, or maybe UH750. It's certainly worth a go at that price.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom