Should I change my Plasma TV....Panasonic to Samsung

shaytinz

Standard Member
Hi

New to the forum so please be gentle

I purchased a Panasonic Plasma 55ST50b set not long ago based on the reviews on this forum and have had it hung up for over a month or so with nothing connected into it. When testing it out i connected a USb to check 1080p quality and was amazed.

now recently my parents have purchased a Samsung PlasmaPS60F5500 model which ive had a play around with and also impressed with especially the smart hub as well as the picutre quality

now my question is should i change my TV? I can totally see myself making use of quite a few of the apps on the samsung which are not on the Panasonic set like lovefilm.

My intentions for the Tv are to have a Vu+ Solo2 box connected with ps3 and a laptop along with a home cinema at some point very soon. What do you guys and pros think?

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Samsung has better apps but in many PQ areas Panasonic is better, the only set to compete IMO is Samsung's F8500.
I think you'll find going F5500 a bit if a backward step in terms of PQ, certainly not better.

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom