• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Should I change from 7.1 to 5.1?

Shenoizy

Established Member
I've had an Acoustic Energy Evo 7.1 setup for a few years now and thoroughly enjoyed it. In the last year I have moved my home cinema to a smaller 5x3m room and as such space is a bit more restricted.

I still have the 7.1 setup but am considering removing the centre back speakers and reverting to a 5.1 setup for a couple of reasons:

1) I need two speakers and stands for my studio room and rather than spending money on a new pair, my existing AE Evo One's should do a fine job.

2) Although I love the rear centre channel from a 7.1 setup, there isn't enough content to make use of it.

3) The room does look a bit cluttered with so many speakers along the back wall.

I think I may have already talked myself into the change but wondered if I've missed something crucial about a 7.1 setup. Incidentally, I will be upgrading my receiver (currently a Denon AVR-2805) to a new HD receiver in the next three months.

Empwan

Prominent Member
I changed from 6.1 to 5.1, I did noticed a slight difference. But I soon got used to it. Less clutter is a must for me.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom