Answered Should I buy Vizio or TCL?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Spencertretter, Dec 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Spencertretter

Spencertretter
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, new to the forum. I’m just looking for some expert advice on the best tv I should purchase. I’m looking at three 65” TVs at Costco. They are the TCL 65S405, 65S403 and the last is a Vizio E65-E I believe that’s the name. I’m a college guy so I’ll be using it for video games, watching tv and sports games. My apartment receives lots of sunlight and I’m very concerned about glare. The prices of the TVs are very similar so ultimately I’m just looking for the best one possible. All have 2 year warranty but I’d like one that’s going to last 5+ years obviously lol. Can someone explain what the best option would be for me? Thanks a bunch.

Attached Files:

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by Dodgexander, Dec 31, 2017 (1 points)
  3. Angelo M

Angelo M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
  4. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,366
    Best Answer
    The TCL 405 is definitely the better TV overall but not by far.

Given that rtings.com tested the Vizio E series both gets brighter and copes with reflections better I would say its more suited in your situation. It really does depend though how bright and how bad the reflections will be whether you will notice a problem with the TCL and since the Vizio isn't that much worse in other respects I'd say go for the Vizio.

No idea bout the TCL 403 but its likely a step down in quality to the 405.