Question Should I Buy This XPS 13 9350?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by 2y4life, Jan 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 2y4life

2y4life
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a classmate who is selling his XPS 13 that he purchased new from Dell back in October right before the latest gen XPS 13s came out. I have never owned an XPS but am looking for something lite, an ultrabook so to speak and I like what I see but honestly, am not a computer geek. The reason he's selling is because his parents bought him a Mac Book Pro for Christmas.

It's the Intel Core i7-6500U @ 2.50 GHz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD version. I would like a fast, small, light, and reliable laptop as I am tired of lugging around my 3 year old laptop around that weighs about 5.5lbs and with a charger (battery life is sub 4 hours now), it comes in around 6lbs give or take.

The price he is asking is £700 firm and it sounds reasonable. I just have no experience with the XPS and have always purchased low end, budget laptops ie, £620 or less brand new. I know the latest gen XPS 13 in the 7th gen i3 comes in at just under £680. Also, he has the receipt which he showed me he purchased it for £1208

More importantly, outside of what it's worth, is there another laptop around £660 (new or used), that would be a better deal? Again, no gaming, basically general non-techie use. Any, and all, comments welcome and thank you all ahead of time.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017