Should i buy the UE49MU7000 or UE49KS7000

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by CowleyDave, Sep 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. CowleyDave

CowleyDave
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

I have done some searching on the forum and elsewhere online and i can't seem to find an answer to this.

I've been planning on buying a new TV for a while but tend to get a little paralysed by the fear of getting the wrong one and regretting it hugely!

From what i've read, the Samsung UE49KS7000 looks brilliant, really glowing reviews and apparently is better for motion blur than some other cheap / mid 4k tvs which is great as i will be doing a lot of gaming with it.

So looking at prices and now i see the UE49MU7000 at a similar price. From what i understand, this is the 2017 version of the KS model, my question is which should i pick if the price is roughly the same?

I can't really go over £900, the TV will be at the foot of my bed so i think 49" should be sufficient..

Also (sorry for long thread), i've read something about 49" being inferior to 55" for movies, is this down to different aspect ratios or something? Should i save a little longer and go for the 55? Even though my eyes will be no more than 7 feet from the screen?

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,536
    That's incorrect. Samsung had three models above the 6400/6500 last year, this year they've got five and they aren't direct equivalents.

Price-wise the MU8000 would probably be equivalent to the KS7000, although hardware-wise it shares some features with the Q7 that the MU8000 lacks.

The MU7000 is both cheaper like for like (i.e. last september's KS7000 price vs. the current MU7000 price) and inferior in hardware terms.

The main advantage would be that they seem to have improved the build quality.

All TVs have the same aspect ratio, you'd have to provide a source for the inferior comment but I would assume it was just someone who felt that a smaller screen was less cinematic.

3. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,366
    Look no less than the Sony XE9005 if you can't get the Samsung.

For gaming also consider the KS7500 or even better KS8000 or KS9000. The last two or the Sony will give you less motion blur.