1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I buy the Sony Dav 880??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by S.S.Dhuper, Jan 8, 2003.

1. S.S.Dhuper

S.S.Dhuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I'm thinking of buying the Sony Dav 880, I've looked at the Panny the XR System but the sony looks good, are they any other I should consider? and do you know if the Sony has any problems which I should be aware of???

2. matvib

matvib
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought one about a month ago, and as well as looking the dogs dangly bits, with the tall speakers, the sounds great too.
    Dolby Pro logic II is much better than my old system, for normal stereo from sky. does not have a scart, so i had to buy a svhs to scart lead, with that the picture was very sharp, better than my previous player scart to scart. picture search is only 2 x which is a very minor feature . I bought mine multi region also, from dvdplayers.co.uk £150 less than Dixons are selling it for :)

anything else you want to know, just ask.

3. S.S.Dhuper

S.S.Dhuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, very helpful your comments.

4. Bobby_Boucher

Bobby_Boucher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had problems with dvd's skipping and pausing for a split second, this was more evident on DVD-R, so after trying about 10 brands of dvd-r and 2 dvd writers, i have given up and have asked for a refund, which is a pity, coz it looks and sounds great:(