Should I buy pioneer kuro with fault and have it repaired?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by bigchinn28, Apr 28, 2016.

1. bigchinn28

bigchinn28
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been offered a pioneer kuro 50" for $80 and I found a table stand for $50 so $130 all up. The plasma has a problem, from what the seller says it will turn on and stay on but when it is turned off it won't turn back on for a couple of days? Seems strange to me.. Does anyone know what this problem is and if it is worth me buying and trying to fix?? Thank you

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,398
    Fix it yourself or pay a Tv repairman to fix?
    It sounds as though there could be duff capacitors in it's power supply which should be reasonably easy to diagnose and replace but only if you're experienced at soldering and handling electronic components...if calling in a professional phone, give the model no, tell him the symptoms and ask for an estimate.

3. bigchinn28

bigchinn28
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, i do have some knowledge and am pretty handy with a soldering iron as I repaired guitar amplifiers for years, however with TVs I have no idea.. Does anyone on here know of a good repair shop in Sydney Australia?