Should I buy on ebay?

Jonny
There's still 4 days to go and the reserve hasn't been met! The majority of bids are taken with only a few hours left not days.
I've bought quite a bit off ebay, the last being the whole set of Phillip Jose Farmers "Dungeon" series from a sweet gal in the great US of A for the ridiculous price of £8 postage paid :D

By the way, things are not necessarily cheaper, look at the price some folk are paying for DVD's, you can get the majority cheaper elsewhere, high street even, its the bidding bug, some people just can't face losing :rolleyes: ;)

Yes I know, but the buy price for that model is £480 which is quite a bit cheaper than the shop/online price.

And I want a decent pro/semi pro cam. My point was do you think that ebayer is dodgy or not? Being in Hong Kong and all. Is it a grey goods product?

Originally posted by Zone
By the way, things are not necessarily cheaper, look at the price some folk are paying for DVD's, you can get the majority cheaper elsewhere, high street even, its the bidding bug, some people just can't face losing :rolleyes: ;)

Sccchuuuussss Zone - keep that to yourself or people might stop buying things from me for more than the RRP ;).

I've bought and sold on ebay it can be a good service :)

Can somebody give me their opinion of that camera seller I posted the link for. thanks.

Go here:

http://www.internetcamerasdirect.co.uk/digital-camera-brands-Fuji.htm

Scroll down the page and click on the Fuji S602. Read the reviews and user comments and check out the deals on offer.

The eBay member's Buy-It-Now price is £480 but it's available above for £528 with all the same accessories + the addition of an AC Adapter which would cost around £30 alone. Therfore I would have to say that if the camera on eBay reaches it's Buy-It-Now price, then it's no great saving. Also, bare in mind that the seller's reserve is probably very close to his Buy-It-Now price, so if this is not met, he does not have to sell. You could email him and ask him the reserve as most people will tell you.

As for the seller himself, he has a good feedback rating with no negatives so I would say you could buy with confidence from him.

Hope this helps :).

Originally posted by Jonny B Goode
Can somebody give me their opinion of that camera seller I posted the link for. thanks.

As groundy says, ask the seller, most are happy to tell you exactly what they will sell something for if they have a reserve price in mind...

groundy save him the trouble and tell him how much you will you sell this bloody camera for :p

Bought my S602 from internet camera's direct and got a great deal, plus dont forget you also get £15 quid credit in you album account for buying prints etc :)

Also got 4 battery's and charger added to the deal saving another £15 of its price for getting it in the bundle :)

Jonny,

Will a package from Hong Kong insured for £480 attract the attention of UK customs?

With VAT, £480 is about £564 + the handling fee.

Maybe buy in UK or Europe,

Mark.

I've changed my mind about buying from abroad. But it would incur VAT but not import duty. Import duty doesn't apply to digital cameras because they don't use film

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom