• Don't buy it - it's rubbish

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wait and get it second hand

Votes: 8 8.4%

• Total voters

signs

Ex Member
Reaction score
It's been out a few days now so hopefully you will have an idea if it's any good - please let me know, thanks

Absolutely buy it. Best game I've played in a long time.

:rotfl: This makes me laugh - how can we have a poll on whether you'll like the game or not? We don't even have any info to go on, like if you're into RPGs or not. I think you could gather from the reviews that it's a damn fine game - doesn't mean you'll like it though!

Munkey Boy said:
:rotfl: This makes me laugh - how can we have a poll on whether you'll like the game or not? We don't even have any info to go on, like if you're into RPGs or not. I think you could gather from the reviews that it's a damn fine game - doesn't mean you'll like it though!

I knew someone would say this - I was hoping we could use the poll just as a reference, obviously people would know the game genre before purchasing it

don't believe everything you read in reviews:lesson:

Buy it, Best game on the 360 at the min IMO

signs said:
I knew someone would say this - I was hoping we could use the poll just as a reference, obviously people would know the game genre before purchasing it

don't believe everything you read in reviews:lesson:
OK, I wasn't underlining reviews to make a point, it was a link to Metacritic who compiles a collection of all kinds of trusted reviews. While I wouldn't say you can trust all reviews, if you take a look at the list of the top titles listed for last year for example, you'll see it's a very good place to see if a game's decent or not.

Munkey Boy said:
OK, I wasn't underlining reviews to make a point, it was a link to Metacritic who compiles a collection of all kinds of trusted reviews. While I wouldn't say you can trust all reviews, if you take a look at the list of the top titles listed for last year for example, you'll see it's a very good place to see if a game's decent or not.

point taken.

but what better place to get a review than from av forum members:)

signs said:
point taken.

but what better place to get a review than from av forum members:)
Maybe, but I'd still argue it's about your personal taste whether you like it or not, not that it's not a decent game!

I think I just confused myself there :confused: :rolleyes: :D

it is absolutely awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
like most games of this ilk it does confuse (menus etc) at first but once you've got the feel - away you go. its a must buy, but will need alot of time invested. trust me

I was thinking of getting this, I even pre-ordered it but cancelled due to other purchases. Where is the cheapest place to get it?

Jazz Monkey Jr said:
I was thinking of getting this, I even pre-ordered it but cancelled due to other purchases. Where is the cheapest place to get it?

hey jazz, get it from the guy who said it was rubbish :D

i'm not a lover of rpg's but this game is one of the best i've played on the 360.

Im going to wait till after Far Cry, after Tomb Raider, for that little 2 month gap where we get absolutely no good games, then pick up a copy of oblivion for less than 30 quid to fill that void before the next wave of decent 360 games hits us :)

MANGABOY said:
Im going to wait till after Far Cry, after Tomb Raider, for that little 2 month gap where we get absolutely no good games, then pick up a copy of oblivion for less than 30 quid to fill that void before the next wave of decent 360 games hits us :)

Maybe its just me but I am not really looking forward to Far Cry nor Tomb Raider -- been there done that.

I am sure I have hundreds of hours with FNR3, Oblivion and GRAW ahead of me. :)

I work shifts and couldnt justify playing a game for 3+ hours at a time.

Would it still be worth getting?

soobydude said:
Maybe its just me but I am not really looking forward to Far Cry nor Tomb Raider -- been there done that.

I am sure I have hundreds of hours with FNR3, Oblivion and GRAW ahead of me. :)

I have never played a Far Cry or a Tomb Raider game before so gona be sweet 4 me :)

You drop in and out of the game as you please as you can save anywhere so dont worry about time restraints.

It really boils down to what type of games your into though. Id say even the FPS brigade might like it as you can run about and whack stuff if you want to, you got to be into to exploring though if you want to get the best benifit out of it. Personally I couldnt get into morrowind no matter how many times I tried on the PC (I did play it alot though but found it irritating) this I cannot stop playing, but i am a big overall RPG fan (its even kept me off burnout revenge and I was having a addiction problem with that).

i think ill invest in it, my 360 is still away getting repaired though

I guess it's all been said above and in other Obvivion threads but YES, everyone who enjoys video games should buy this game.

It is simply a Master Piece! :)

Originally Posted by Cowden Harley
I work shifts and couldnt justify playing a game for 3+ hours at a time.

Would it still be worth getting?

I work shifts m8 and don't find it a problem at all. I played for about 2 hours this morning and then went to work at 2 o clock.

I dare say i'll be doing the same tomorrow... oh no thats right... i've booked a day off to play Oblivion so maybe i won't lol :clap:

Only joking, i have got some other things that need taking care of first but needless to say i'll certainly be making light work of them so i can get more time in Oblivion! (noticed the in bit lol) ;)

Originally Posted by CAS FAN
I guess it's all been said above and in other Obvivion threads but YES, everyone who enjoys video games should buy this game.

It is simply a Master Piece!

Totally agree!!

Couldn't put it better myself! :thumbsup:

CAS FAN said:

It is simply a Master Piece! :)

I read multiple times something similar to this about Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for the Xbox, I never liked RPG's before but love SW so I thought I'd give it a shot. Hated it like nothing I've hated before and this coming from someone who enjoyed Obi-Wan (Xbox). I don't want to talk to people in games, or travel to different places to trade etc.

I'm "slightly" tempted by Oblivion because that many people like it, but I just know that after I've tried it I'll HATE it.:thumbsdow

Paramount have you tried RPG's before ?

Munkey Boy said:
Maybe, but I'd still argue it's about your personal taste whether you like it or not, not that it's not a decent game!

I think I just confused myself there :confused: :rolleyes: :D

One man's meat.... I agree with munkey

T800 said:
I read multiple times something similar to this about Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for the Xbox, I never liked RPG's before but love SW so I thought I'd give it a shot. Hated it like nothing I've hated before and this coming from someone who enjoyed Obi-Wan (Xbox). I don't want to talk to people in games, or travel to different places to trade etc.

I'm "slightly" tempted by Oblivion because that many people like it, but I just know that after I've tried it I'll HATE it.:thumbsdow

Paramount have you tried RPG's before ?

Never played KOTOR so can't comment on that personally. Oblivion is a great game though! That said, no matter how good something is there will always be some that don't like it. I don't think anything has been produced yet that has been loved by everyone.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom