Should I buy Loewe Xelos?

P

pz6r9q

I am about to ditch the old 25" 4:3 Sony and get a widescreen. I have looked longingly at the Loewe Xelos for sometime now but would I be better to get a 'more current' set as it has been about for a few years now. Any help greatfully accepted.

<br />oh yeah.....guidelines for spec

32" widescreen with nicam (i have the Sony DAV300)<br />preferrably 100mhz scan, Sony, Loewe or Panny preferred options<br />budget up to £1400

Thanks

where are you?<br />can/should be able to get you a 'vitros'@£1400 and under-no stand.<br />acconda @£1650 and under,no stand <br />deliverly extra.<br />if you can afford it go acconda,in red.<br />any help-ask!!!!

I have two of them and am very satisfied. The Xelos/Planus/Aconda and Vitros 32" sets all share the same mediaplus Q2400 chassis so all you really need to consider are whether you want a flat tube and features such as PiP. I got my last Xelos from Debenhams on a price match at £900 with a 5 year warranty.

I personally think the flat tubes are a bit overated and am happy with the small amount of curvature on the Xelos. The flat tubes seem more prone to geometry errors than conventional patterns. On thing to watch when looking for a bargain - make sure you get the Q2400 chassis (3 SCART) not the earlier Q2300 (2 SCART). A couple a bugs are fixed in the later chassis and you get an extra SCART.

Overall excellent TVs with true multi standard support (unlike some manufacturers who won't help with NTSC). Excellent NTSC picture and progressive scan using internal deinterlacer (not PAL).

Rob

Thanks for the advice. Interesting you say you bought i Debenhams. What store was that. I didnt know they sold tvs. Also you say you have had 2 xelos's - why?

Cheers

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: Martin Fry ]</p>

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom