Should I buy Hitachi 32LD7200 ?

charvelj

I can get the Hitachi for £ 850.00 but I have been into Curry's tonight and on display was the Panasonic LDX60.

Wow:eek: The pq was stunning from the dvd via scart that was running. But the price £1299.00 seemed a bit high.

I am now confused and don't know if I should just bite the bullet and get the Hitachi or wait a few more months for the new batch of panels which are making their way into the shops.

D

DamoSXI

I would wait as the new batch should be loaded with new technology

swanny78

850 quid that is a no brainer...get it. it cost 1200 quid everwhere else and in my opinion the best 32" LCD screen you can buy

D

DamoSXI

Im not keen on the look of it I must say

Are Panny bringing out a new range soon does anybody know ???

54xhg

Hi,
I would buy the hitachi at that price,i have it and it's superb.I have also had the misfortune to own the panasonic lxd52,the most over- hyped tv ever,picture quality is not in the same league as the hitachi,and the viewing is also very poor. BUY THE HITACHI :thumbsup:

rhubarbe

Banned
What about the buzz? Mind you, I got the WLT58 and that right speaker does crackle so much it annoys the wife more than I do. :D

Marky1973

The Hitachi is on my short list, but the price was a little high considering I wasn't too sure of the design and width of the unit.....where can you get one for 850 though......that sounds like a pretty good bargain!

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I would definitely get it at that price. Mine cost £1260 in Nov last year and I am well pleased with it.

Seems odd that it is so cheap in Comet. You probably have already done this but just double check that it is the 7200 and not the 6200.

tentonipete

Standard Member
no, it's definitely the 7200 in currys. i bought it today. the price was dropped on the 2nd of march. looks like a bargain and a half because it's £1200 everywhere else.

jobe

Standard Member
When you get the Hitachi unpacked, let me know what you think. Does it Buzz?
I am thinking of buying the 7200, but two things concern me. 1: the buzz and 2: Hitachi state the response time is 16ms but with the motion thingey on it cuts it down to approx: 8ms, ams concerned about motion smear, as i mainly watch football on Sky and use an xbox 360.

Jobe

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Hitachi state the response time is 16ms but with the motion thingey on it cuts it down to approx: 8ms, ams concerned about motion smear, as i mainly watch football on Sky and use an xbox 360.
There are loads of threads on this already.....

I have this TV and run Sky+ (mainly watch football) and an XBox 360...there's absolutely no motion blur that I have noticed.

Steve:)

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
sdb123 said:
There are loads of threads on this already.....

I have this TV and run Sky+ (mainly watch football) and an XBox 360...there's absolutely no motion blur that I have noticed.

Steve:)
Indeed there are, including the massive one on this very tv. I have this and the 360 and there is zero motion blur. The buzzing is hit and miss really, but with the right settings you can reduce it a lot if you get a buzzing set, plus after a while you get used to it.

jobe

Standard Member
Tenton
You say you bought the 7200 today from currys? Less than a grand? How?
There website is still showing it at £1194.36

Jobe

tentonipete

Standard Member
jobe said:
Tenton
You say you bought the 7200 today from currys? Less than a grand? How?
There website is still showing it at £1194.36
Jobe
well the price only went down on the 2nd of March so i guess they didn't update it. i didn't actually buy it at currys i did the pricematch in John Lewis. If their price investigation went through then it must mean that it's the price curry's are offering on their shelf front. you may have to go into a store to get the deal though.

if my set is buzzing i'll post it in here :) really looking forward to picking it up tomorrow, i've never had a good tv before.

tentonipete

Standard Member
picked up my 32ld7200 last night. i'm pretty pleased so far. i've been using it with the philips dvp5900 and the picture quality is great. only using a scart at the moment but will be picking up hdi cables this weekend. wasn't about to pay the £40-£90 comet were trying to charge me!!!

as for the buzzing that jobe asked about, when there's nothing playing on the tv but it's on there is a quiet hum. when there's something going on i can't hear it but i guess it might be the buzzing that someone else was talking about. i do get a faint hum on my sharp lcd monitor so maybe it's just an lcd thing. i don't think it's annoying and it's not distracting from my enjoyment... yet.

battle is mine

Novice Member
Nice one, fair do's for taking the plunge. I'm almost there! So close to buying this tv. I'm in my first house so I've never bought a tv before, pretty big step, don't wanna regret the purchase!

I was all out to buy the Hitachi until I saw the Hyundai Vvuon Q321. It's roughly £250 cheaper, looks sweet and seems to be getting excellent user reviews.
So what, apart from the swivel stand:thumbsup: , would I be getting more if I got the Hitachi. Is the picture going to be much much better? Is this Picture Master engine any good?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom