should i buy an antec fusion case and graphics card with HDCP hdmi and audio

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by JonLeach, Jan 16, 2008.

1. JonLeach

JonLeach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi there,

my vista mce psu blew up the other day and i have a cheap noisy PSU in the Case at the moment. its a half height case and i was wondering about just getting a antec fusion case with a 430w psu allready in it. currently i have a anahix mce 302

this would allow me to use a full height graphics card and other full height cards!

Also does anyone have HDMI and audio running thru the HDMI port. I'm looking at this one but it is low profile anyway. leadtek 8500GTcard

2. medicmanonet

medicmanonet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi,

I have been looking at the Antec case for quite a while now, but recently have been temped by some silverstone cases.

the Antec tends to be around £100 and the silverstone ones I like around £130. Grandio or somesuch I think was the model

The silverstones will accept ATX motherboards so you can use more goodies inside such as wirless card, 2x graphics (if you want) DVB tuner and DVB satelite tuner.

I think its really dependant on what you want. I still have a cheap atx desktop case using (about £30 5 years ago)... it looks a bit naff but it doe sfor now.

If you dont want the imon type displays and use say a usb infrared recieve I would think your choice for cases would be huge (and cheaper).

BTW who the hell pays £400-£600 for a case:eek:??? you seen the ones with touch screens? I'd rather a touch screen remot please:suicide:

Oh BTW on the cheap noisey PSU, I bought one (about £15-£20) and pulled it apart and stuck a nice really quiet 120mm fan in it (cost £10 from Scan)

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=532626

Much quieter than my £80 hyper PSU.

3. JonLeach

JonLeach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi

i went ahead and bought the antec case.

couple of issues with it namely the imon,

1. Cant see it more than 3 feet away as the contrast is cr4p on it.

2. I'm still using the ms infra-red receiver as the imon will not resume from standby. its a software driven and the PC cant resume the software. its a shame as i wanted to use the imon.

3. its too big to fit in my rack by about 2 mm, :(

i might as well have used the cheaper antec desktop case or a silverstone one.

The saving grace for it is that it is much quieter than my other case, and i can now use full size components.