1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I buy a Toshiba 32WL56

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Searcher73, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Searcher73

Searcher73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi (very much novice here)

After a couple of weeks of searching I finally made my mind up on the Toshiba 32WL56 for £950 from Play.com, but after reading and failing to fully understand what everyone has being saying about this model, I am hoping someone can assist me on making my mind up on purchasing the Tosh in the morning.

I’ve read about a strange buzz/humming from this set, is this something I should be concerned about?

It’s been mentioned that there may be issues connecting Dvd players to it, I currently have a Sony DAVSB100 DVD Home Cinema System, will there be any problems connecting this?

Will I have to purchase new leads/cables to connect Dvd, Sky and PS2 to it, as I currently only have the standard cheapie scart cables etc.

I don’t know that much about HD etc, but I suppose if this is the new next thing then I would like to have these connections or something, but to be honest if it plays all my dvd’s, Sky and PS2 then I’m happy..

One of my other concerns, is it safe to buy from Play.com as there is no mention if it’s a UK set or this 32WL56 (B) that has been mentioned in other topics, I’m just worried that they may be flogging earlier models or something that have the problems with connections/buzzing etc.

So if anyone who has this model, would you recommend it, do I have anything to worry about, and please bare in mind, I’m not that serious about perfection etc.

Thanx

2. aberdeenlad

aberdeenlad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I dont know much about the Tosh your after, but i have the 32WL48, it should cost about the same. Ive had no probs with it, and it gives out a really decent picture.

3. shoestring25

shoestring25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    im very tempted my self as it is HDTV ready has an HDMI output and component might go for the bigger 37inch at £1400

4. jcrt

jcrt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my 32WL56P for about 3 weeks now and it's great.

Picture is superb, nice and bright - my living room has lots of windows so was expecting potential brightness problems but it's absolutely no problem. Compared it to a similarly-priced Phillips in the shop and it was streets ahead for picture. Looked great on low-def source and superb on the shop's high-def satellite signal.

Nice output from Sky+ box on RGB SCART, no noticeable nasties except if you're sitting close up with a nasty low-bandwidth cable channel. DVDs and other stuff from my media centre PC on HDMI are very nice indeed.

Only issue I've found, is that I can't seem to stop the HDMI image going off the edges of the screen at the moment and when it's set up for HDMI 720p output, the VGA signal is a mess. I suspect the PC, though - many known issues with ATI display cards and HDMI. Will call Tosh's support in case they've heard of it, too.

So, if you're thinking of one, I'd say go for it!

5. prshah78

prshah78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Please can anyone advise if the Tosh 37inch is worth going for? Ideally i do not want to spend over £1500 so if its not this i guess i would pick the Panny 32inch or the Hitachi 32inc that everyone is raving about? Please can someone advise if its worth going for the Tosh????

6. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +569
  7. willmoore

willmoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is £841.49 with P&P. Lots of places are doing the same deal for the same money ... but I agree that this is still a good price!

8. sprint blue

sprint blue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've had this telly for 2 months now.

Picture is superb from bog standard Sky so I'm looking forward to HD when it comes available.

9. sidinuk

sidinuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had this tv for about a month now and it is superb. I get a fantastic picture with SKY+ using a QED P4110 cable. However, that cable is my problem - because it is flat when it is plugged in you can't get the plastic cover back on the tosh to hide it! Can anyone recommend a decent scart lead which this telly will accommodate?

10. reklor

reklor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Another fully signed up member to the 32WL56 fan club here too..........if you have the space and money go fo the 37" version........its by far the best value large screen LCD out there.

11. tulloch2003

tulloch2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Had mine now for 3 weeks and love it :thumbsup: