1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I buy a Pioneer 575?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jedi55, Feb 27, 2005.

1. jedi55

jedi55
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,
    I’m about to buy my first dedicated DVD player and I was hoping for some recommendations.

My current DVD player is the Playstation 2. I like the fact that the PS2 allows me to increase the DVD volume . I was wondering do all DVD players come with that feature?

I’m thinking of getting the Pioneer 575 but I’m concerned about the flickering. I’m planning on buying an LCD TV, does the flickering effect LCD TVs?

Thanks

2. ajc347

ajc347

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased a 575 a couple of weeks ago and have found no flickering present on either phillips lcd (via RGB scart) or hitachi plasma (via progressive component connection).

3. C.Wolf

C.Wolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I also purchased the 575 a couple of weeks ago and think its one of the best pictures ive seen, and the sound is fantastic too. I also have no signs of any flicker. :smashin:

4. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Most if not all places will give a refund within 7 days if you are not happy. Richer is 14 days I think?
    Try it...PJ
    PS mine doesn't flicker either... :)

5. Supersonic

Supersonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    No flicker for me either, whether through 32" widescreen (CRT) TV or my Sanyo Z3. As far as I'm concerned it's the best DVD player I've had - and from what I've read for the money it's a great buy.