1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should I buy a JVC HR-S7965 ?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by FlimsyFeet, Jan 20, 2004.

Tags:
  1. FlimsyFeet

FlimsyFeet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I assume the JVC HR-S7965 is a later version of the 7955, which gets a good review in one of the links at the top of this forum?

(here)

From reading around posts here, it's £140 at unbeatable, and I think this is a good choice for me to replace my ageing Toshiba. The way technology is going, this'll probably be the last VCR I ever buy.

Here's what I want it for:
    Day to day use, recording TV from Pace ntl digital cable STB, and occasional timed recordings from terrestrial TV (I know there's a way to get the STB to auto switch to the desired channel at the alotted time, but we tend not to use that feature.)
    Shame the STB doesn't output s-video on the 2nd SCART, so I probably won't see much improvement in quality of recordings compared to my current VCR.

For the future:
    If I later get a Freeview box that can output s-video on the second SCART, should be able to make better recordings.
    If I later get a DVD burner for my PC and a capture card that has an s-video input, I would like to put my irreplaceble VHS tapes (i.e. Star Wars trilogy original editions) onto DVD. With the TBC and noise reduction on this deck, I should be able to get the best quality results (or as good as can be acheived from a VHS source).

2. rockyglw

rockyglw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yes !!. Have had one for 6 months. Picture both in S-VHS and VHS are as good as have seen from any video recorder. Use it to copy recordings to DVD with very good results. Would definatly buy at that price.

3. JH4

JH4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    Just a great shame that JVC don't do a D-VHS any more in Europe, as it beats DVD at 14Mb/s.
    (28Mb/s for Hi Def of course)
    What a shame...

4. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I'm looking for a second S-VHS (ET) deck for use at home. The Panasonic 120 has been discontinued, and can't be found anywhere now sadly.

Might look into this JVC one.

5. lasitha

lasitha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  6. lasitha

lasitha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: