1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i buy a JVC DLA G10E ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Napoleon, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Napoleon

Napoleon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I know absolutely nothing about projectors,but have wanted to have a larger image than my 36" widescreen is capable of,for dvds,and only dvds.Does anyone have any thoughts on this projector.the specs say it has a contrast ratio of around 250:1,which is low compared to the latest models.Will a black and white film be grey and whitish?.Any comments would be appreciated.Thanks.

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Not unless it is very cheap.

These were very noisey projectors.
    They did have interchangable lenses so check that before (or you chould end up with a smaller image than your 36" tele.

DILA projectors need a lot of setting up to do them properly. The older ones just didn't hit the mark though.

Contrast of 250 is about average for a presention LCD projector.

3. Napoleon

Napoleon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Roland,many thanks for the reply.I think i should avoid doing what i usually do,and check out the options properly.The projection world is a complicated one,so i'll go through all the magazines,and build up better background knowledge.Thanks again.