Should I buy a current gen Nvidia card, or wait?

George287

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in a bit of a dilemma. I need a new graphics card relatively soon, and I want to go for Nvidia as my last was ATI and I was less than impressed with the drivers. Anyway, I know that the GTX 5**s have been out for about a year, so does this mean it would be a better idea to wait for the new ones? Will the price of the 5**s drop once the new offerings come out? I don't need anything more powerful than the GTX 570 so my concern is with price really. Will the newer ones be a lot more powerful for less money?

I've seen an EVGA GTX 570 for £240, is this a good deal?

If you can't afford or don't want the new AMD 7900 series cards, go for a GTX 570.

Is there a new generation of nvidia cards about to be released. If so is this likely to cause the current range to drop much in price?

New generation NVIDIA cards won't appear until about Feb/March time at the earliest. AMD 7900 due for release this week, followed by their 7800 series probably in a few weeks or so.

Am in the same boat, the kepler gpu's were met to be out last year but got delayed..... I was looking at Evga 560 ti Classified roughly matches a normal 570 card!

BobbyUK said:
Am in the same boat, the kepler gpu's were met to be out last year but got delayed..... I was looking at Evga 560 ti Classified roughly matches a normal 570 card!

Yea I've decided to do the same and go for a 560 ti instead - performance too close for £100

560's are good for the price, but if you can wait.. wait and see what the 6xx brings to the table

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom