1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I buy 28" Grundig WF70-3020?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by simonp, Dec 28, 2002.

1. simonp

simonp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dixons are doing it for £399. Seems a good price to me for a 28" flatscreen and more importantly, it is within my budget.

Been reading through these forums and Grundig seem to have a fairly good reputation compared to Samsung and Thomson whom I have since decided to discard after reading various problems about them.

Would love to go for a Phillips or a Sony but cannot find anything comparable within my budget so a Grundig it will have to be..................unless you guys can tell me any different!

Please reply as I have been researching this for months (though only come across this brilliant forum today!) and I have finally narrowed it down to this model so any advice would be very much appreciated.

cheers

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Philips 28PW6006. Can be picked up for around £320.You can get the specs from
    Philips .

3. simonp

simonp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply lynx but I don't think this TV has a flatscreen and I've read it has problems with RGB.

4. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    You're right, it's curved on both axis, however i'd rate it over the Grundig DSG offer.

5. simonp

simonp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    could you please tell me why lynx?

6. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I had problem after problem a while back with a Grundig set.Build quality was dreadful,performance was awful (replacement was no better).In short a howler of a set.Maybe though to be fair,things have improved.Tread carefully. :)

7. simonp

simonp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    awwww I gotta headache :D

can you recomend any flatscreen sets in my budget of £400?

appreciate the help BTW.

8. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    powerhouse have a hitachi c28wf540n. for £399 john lewis shall pricematch and give a 5 year warranty.
    i have had hitachi tvs for as long as i can remember and never had a minutes bother with them.
    hope this helps.

9. Stuart Brooks

Stuart Brooks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    True Grundig WS sets are built in Austria and tend to be much more upmarket than the bargain sets in DSG. Grundig are still the market leader in Germany, a feat unmatched by any of the old British TV manufacturers here in Britain! However real Grundigs are increasingly hard to find in the UK.

The "Grundig" set in DSG is not a real Grundig, it's a badged DSG effort. You'll see no sign of it on the Grundig website.

Having said that, they may be no worse than Bush/Goodmans etc, they probably swap about the actual suppliers.

Stuart