Should I bother waiting in or not ?

Venomx999

Prominent Member
Reaction score
had a parcel last week and the Royal Mail sent me an email saying it was to be delivered on Saturday morning and it didn’t show up until Monday

Got another parcel coming tomorrow and had the same email with a 4 hour time window

just want your opinions on whether to sit around waiting for it or not ? Thanks

Depends on what it is. If it's a new 4K telly or a top flight soundbar I would. But if its another crafting die for my wife...... I'd go out 😁

Easy...

If you wait for it, it won't arrive.
If you go out, it will be delivered.

If you moan they will blame the coronavirus pandemic.
:D

I've waited in all day today for a Next Day delivery. That was due three days ago....

Feel the OP needs to invest in one of these to help him with all the many ‘Life choice’ questions he seems to keep posting on GC...;)

To be continued with a ‘Should I stay in on Monday?’ thread...

Feel the OP needs to invest in one of these to help him with all the many ‘Life choice’ questions he seems to keep posting on GC...;)

To be continued with a ‘Should I stay in on Monday?’ thread...
Agreed

Next time it will be socks on before shoes?

Last edited:
Ordered some Art materials 3 weeks ago online, Hermes emailed saying parcel had tried to be delivered but know one was in, I was in all day, and no docket left. Left it a week as they sent an email saying driver will retry, nothing materialised. Complained, Hermes look into it, says it with local depot so they’ll get it sent out again. Another week passes and still no delivery, complain again, this time they cant find it and completely wash their hands of it, saying I’ll need to contact the supplier I ordered it through. I did that and got a refund, thinking no more of it, get a knock on the door today, it’s Hermes, you guesses it, with the delivery! It’s a shame it was only a small order of £12 worth of goods :D

Was waiting for a Saturday delivery and was mowing the neighbour's grass while I waited.

A courier van pulled up at the end of the road and the driver got out with a "Sorry we missed you" card and walked up to my door. I asked if he had my parcel and he said no, but his boss told him to go around and post the cards instead!! Obviously no one could be bothered to sort out the parcels on a Saturday that week!!

Was waiting for a Saturday delivery and was mowing the neighbour's grass while I waited.

A courier van pulled up at the end of the road and the driver got out with a "Sorry we missed you" card and walked up to my door. I asked if he had my parcel and he said no, but his boss told him to go around and post the cards instead!! Obviously no one could be bothered to sort out the parcels on a Saturday that week!!

Had that once with the PO, but was sitting in the bay window watching.

Didn't have the parcel when I confronted him!

Reminds me of this clip....

* Couple of sweary words *

The anticipation here is killing me.

I've been sitting here hitting F5 all day waiting on the result. It's worse than the Nvidia 3080 launch.

To all AV Forums' members: I intend to watch a film later today (not sure which one yet, but I think I can make the decision by myself, I don't need your assistance with that).

However, I'm pretty certain that I will require a big wee about halfway through and this is my very important dilemma: should I pause the film and go (but risk killing the flow and mood), or should I just painfully hold it in and struggle on until the end?

I need your help with this urgently, people!

As I see it you have 2 real viable options.

1/ Plastic covering on the sofa. Just let go.

2/ Big Gulp size of soft drink container, once you've finished drinking it, you can refill it with no need to pause.

No worries all.

I phoned RM and took on the delivery and will be dropping off later tonight ;)

No worries all.

I phoned RM and took on the delivery and will be dropping off later tonight ;)
He chills on Sunday...
He’s meeting a girl on Monday
Taking her for a drink on Tuesday
Will be making love by Wednesday
And on Thursday and Friday and Saturday
:laugh:

Don't mean to rush anyone but need an answer pronto on this. The clock is ticking. Got a parcel coming tomorrow.

Go out - stay in? What turned out to be the best thing to do?? 🤔 :D

I'm just about to head off to work - final shift of the weekend, thank god.

However, I have a huge dilemma: the milkman has become quite unreliable this year (and it is a man, I don't think I've ever seen a woman doing the job) so should I put out the milk bottles or not?

I'll be lying awake in bed at work thinking about this otherwise....

Had an argument with the OH.

Thinking about sacking the whole thing off.

Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go (apparently) there will be trouble.
And if I stay (I feel) it will be double.

So come on and let me know.

Should I cool it or should I blow?

TIA.

:p

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom