AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.8 GHz Processor
4 gb ram
zotac 8800gt 512mb card
nvidia 6600 256 card
lg dvd rw drive
500 gb sata 2
400 gb ide
Sound Card ?

Was thinking of buying this lot in replacement ?

NEW AMD FX BULLDOZER QUAD CORE CPU 16GB DDR3 1333 RAM

what do you all think ?

Good or Bad or Have you any other ideas which are a similar price ?

Thanks

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Difficult to say without knowing your current CPU or what you'll be using it for.

oops

AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.8 GHz Processor

Just use it to play c&c and photoshop and web surfing and HD films and music.

I have sources the above fleebay items for £190 now so even cheaper.

Just use it to play c&c and photoshop and web surfing and HD films and music.

I have sources the above fleebay items for £190 now so even cheaper.

I would have thought your current processor is sufficient for most of that, photoshop is likely to improve and possibly C&C if it's a recent one.

As to an alternative, consider an i3 processor or perhaps look at a different upgrade entirely such as a Solid State Drive.

one thing i would say to anyone considering upgrades is don't consider a mainboard that doesn't have at least the following, PCI-E v2 or 3, SATA 6GBs

yes you will see the difference with bulldozer coming form Athlon, If you have the money go for it.
Don't buy the ebay bundle its not a good value for money. The actual cost of the mobo and cpu is <£140 and 8 gig is more than enough for your use(roughly £40 for quality corsair ram). the most ram hungry application you are using is Photoshop and believe me 8 gig is enough for that. I have used photoshop to edit a few RAW files on on 4 gig machine and it was fine. 16 gig is overkill. also the ebayer seems to be using an unbranded ram be careful with those components don't hesitate to pay extra for a more reliable ram with lifetime warranty.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom