Should I Be Worried?

AndrewP84

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was playing COD3 last night and it had been on for about 3 hours, everything was fine but I got a couple of game freezes in the space of about 30 mins. Now there was a hell of a lot going on in the game and there was a bit of slow down now obviously COD3 does not handle framerate like Resistance but should I be worried about the PS3 more than the game?

Needless to say after the second freeze I switched off and went to bed for the night. It has not happened on any other games I have played so it indicates it may just be COD3.

What should I do just see how it goes?, I may be panicking over nothing here :)

just done some reading around for you, and there is reports that the game freezes quite often, ign played the game for 10 hours and they had it freeze on them 6 times. So sounds like a few bugs in there

Nothing whatsoever to do with being a sloppy port of an already sloppy X360 game then...I bet the conversion only took a few months as well, with no optimisation either. I had the 360 version, and it wasn't all that good. Certainly not as good as COD2.

I've had one software freeze since launch - yep, CoD:3 multiplayer.

Though that was in the lobby and not in the game.

Seems to be okay this evening, last night I was thinking of maybe swapping it at Game but I think thats a bit drastic at the moment as it still operates fine on other games. It really does get warm on the right hand side though and my cabinet is open front and back just enclosed on side but I cant stand it up which is a pain. Really is hot to touch on the underneath on the right hand side, anyone elses really hot?

try and keep the console far left of the cabinet so when the heat is blowing out that right side it has plenty of room to breath, keep a little gap though on the left side so air can get in

mine has frozen a couple of times when it is saving a game.

try and keep the console far left of the cabinet so when the heat is blowing out that right side it has plenty of room to breath, keep a little gap though on the left side so air can get in

Agreed. Whilst is may not look good being 'off-centre' s it's recommended to have at least 10 cm of clearance on the right hand side. I had mine centred, but was concerned about the heat build up on the right hand side. I now have a 3 cm space on the left, and a 12cm on the right. So far, it's been perfect.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom