Should HomeCinemaChoice do more to help Sony FQ-75 owners

R

RichieS

Honestly

Could the magazine cover this story in print in one of their issues. All they have to do is report the number of disgruntled FQ-75 owners at their site and this should raise awareness as well as inform people considering buying new FQ-75.

Actually I think, given the stellar reviews of the TV they have a moral responiblity to raise this issue. I am f&*king furious with Sony. Just got my replacement FQ-75 TV from Sony which was said to have been checked over by a Sony engineer for faults.

STILL HAS SCROLLING BARS!!

NOW HAS GEOMETRY FAULT (you can see a blue line in the top left corner of the TV)

My dealor has told me that they will no longer help me with this and that I will have to take the matter up with SONY...I have no chance then.

My dealer said that I'm not entitled to a refund...I even had to pay for the replacement TV to be delivered

My hands are shaking I'm so annoyed...I will not lose on this...I'm prepared to take this as far as it needs to go

Rich

Good luck RichieS.

I almost bought an FQ-75 based on magazine reviews. Finally decided I couldn't afford it, which turned out to be a good thing. I'll never trust a magazine review again.

Hope you win your case. Surely there must be some legal right for a refund. Basically it seems to be a faulty design. Can anyone with a better understanding of the legal/consumer rights issues involved give Richie some advice?

My friend bought another Sony model which made a constant whining noise, but fortunately he bought it from Costco who refunded him with no hassle.

RDB

PS Having to pay for delivery of the replacement was well out of order. Name and shame the dealer.

Hi Richie

Have you gone back to Sony UK to tell them your set still have the bonus feature (scrolling bars) which you don't want ? What was their response, if so ? Get their engineer (don't think they are allowed out from their lab) to visit and see for themselves.

Which dealer did you get your set from ? Their behaviour is out of order. They are breaking the law for doing not refunding a faulty set. Last resort, make use of the small claim court. If you put a post on the huge thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=196069#post196069post196069
Bluestu (post one today) who had gone thru this route, perhaps can guide you.

fwan

Originally posted by RichieS
Honestly

My dealor has told me that they will no longer help me with this and that I will have to take the matter up with SONY...I have no chance then.

Rich

Bull##it!!!

Sony have no obligation to you what so ever.

The only legal contract in place here is the sale of goods act which exists between you and the dealer that sold it to you.

If the dealer is trying this one on then perhaps it is time to plant a copy of the sale of goods act under there noses and highlight the fact that if they break ANY of the laws set out in it, YOU WILL SUE.

All my dealer said they will do is replace the set with another
FQ-75. Given that all the TV's have this problem it doesn't give me much choice.

Spoke to Sony today who said they would neither refund my TV or give me an upgrade, whilst thanking my for my patience they said even though I've been waiting for a year they still don't know if the will be able to fix the TV let alone give me a rough date

I thought that all the dealer has to do is replace/repair the TV with the same model...I don't think we have have any right to get a refund from them?

Legal Advice Please!

Guys,

I have just been advised by some very media savvy people that we should approach The Mail, Express Mirror and Sun if we want to get some real communications with SONY.

It's about time they communicated transparently about the problem and set out what they will offer the public if they cannot deal with this

It's the hundreds of people buying these every week that makes me feel bad...they are not aware of this problem

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom